All the benefits of using electronics encapsulation epoxyElectronic Adhesive Manufacturer
All the benefits of using electronics encapsulation epoxy
Electrical and electronic engineers play an important role in the assembly of products in the industry. Their jobs involve designing, assembling, and protecting electronic products. These electronic products usually have sophisticated components that are susceptible to the environments around them.
Electronics encapsulation epoxy for product protection
In the electronic and electrical industry, encapsulation epoxies are used to protect vulnerable electronic components. These components are usually susceptible to the major threats that attack them in their working environments. These threats include corrosion aging, cracking, extreme temperatures, corrosive agents, moisture, vibration, and shocks. The electronics encapsulation epoxies are used primarily in encapsulation processes. When this process is carried out, it successfully helps to:
- Improve the performance of the product
- Ensures that the product is well-protected.
- Enhance the competitiveness of the product
There are electronic products in almost every part of our lives. From portable personal gadgets to large vessels, electronics support us in all aspects of life. In business, the presence of electronics helps us with better products and services. This means as important parts of our lives, electronics have to be protected. The electronics encapsulation epoxy is a product that is used mainly in product encapsulation. This means that the product is protected against various elements.
What is encapsulation in electronics?
Encapsulation is an important technique that is applied in the electronics industry for the protection of vulnerable and important electronic products. This is done with the use of electronics encapsulation epoxy. When this is done, it shields the electronic assembly from myriads of threats. With the electronics encapsulation epoxy, you can easily protect the device from fire, heat, dust, vibrations, chemical attack, and climactic conditions. Encapsulation is usually not done in isolation. This important device protection process is usually done with bonding, sealing, and conformal coating.
Potting versus encapsulation in the electronics industry
Potting and encapsulation processes are two important applications for shielding products in the electronics industry. While both processes appear to mean the same thing, there is some level of difference between both techniques. You can easily spot the difference by comparing both techniques.
The potting process: In potting, the electronic component is immersed into a resinous solution. This solution can be silicone and the potting material is used to protect the product. Potting involves the use of other important formulations which can help increase insulative properties, heat dissipation, and flame retardancy.
Encapsulation: The process of encapsulating electronic products is quite different from the potting process. However, with encapsulation, the product is submerged inside a mould that contains the product. It is then brought out back out. In the case of encapsulation, the electronic epoxy is used to form a protective shield around the product. However, The product is not embedded with the encapsulation material. This solution is used as a way to enhance several properties of the product. This includes heat dissipation, flame retardancy, electrical insulation, corrosive agents, moisture, vibration, and shock.
Benefits of using epoxies as an electronics encapsulation material
Electronics encapsulation epoxies are usually applied best with printed circuit boards. This amazing encapsulation materials provide the following benefits such as:
- They are used as a complete solution against water and shock damage.
- Encapsulation can be used as a way to provide a secured enclosure for the PCBs. This way, contaminants won’t be able to gain entry into the products.
- Encapsulation as a process is used to prevent chemical and corrosion attacks.
- With encapsulation, electronic components are protected from being destroyed or damaged because of external forces like mechanical vibration.
- With the process of encapsulation electronics manufacturers can protect their products from electrochemical corrosion. It does this by producing an environmental barrier between them.
- The use of encapsulation can be used to improve device functionality with time; it can be used to improve electrical insulation between devices to reduce loss of current.
- This process can be used to protect distinct components from problems of thermal expansion while retaining moisture resistance and ionic purity.
- Encapsulation is an affordable procedure that is quite faster than other available protective methods. This is because it does not need too many application steps. It does not need another re-assembly process.
- VOC-free options are available with encapsulation.
- Encapsulation as well as potting involve materials that can be used easily even in high-volume production.
Encapsulation applications in the electronics industry
Encapsulation is an important procedure that is used widely in the electronics industry. The application of this important process includes:
- PCBs:Encapsulants like epoxies are used in the electronics industry for protecting components like PCBs. Such components are usually vulnerable to damage that may result from environmental factors, moisture, or vibration.
- Photonics:In the electronics industry, components like photonics can be encapsulated with materials like epoxies. The use of electronics encapsulation epoxy solutions helps prevent optical elements from corroding. It also stops humidity and dust particles from affecting their performances.
- Protection of electronic components:Encapsulation is mainly applied in the electronics industry to easily protect components. When applied, the electronics encapsulation epoxy solution works by protecting the electronic components from contaminants, dust, dirt, or water.
- Sensor assemblies:The electronics encapsulation epoxy solutions are applied in the assembly of sensors for the protection of vulnerable electronic components. The components are protected from vibration and contaminants.
- Power supplies:Encapsulants are important solutions that are applied in power suppliers. This can be used for protection from contamination and corrosion. In addition, it will stop the overheating of this power supply system.
- Transformers:Electronics encapsulation epoxy solutions are also deployed in transformers to prevent contamination and corrosion.
- Cables:Encapsulants are also applied to cables. When exposed to the environment, cables can become susceptible to oxidation damage and various environmental factors. The encapsulating epoxy can protect the wires embedded in the cable from environmental contaminants such as chemicals, sunlight, and moisture. These elements can affect the performance of the wire with time. Applying epoxies can help minimize the cost of maintenance and will prolong its durability. It will extend the serviceability life of the product while also minimizing downtime.